- User Account
- Order Building
- Order Calculation
- Equipment Reservations & Logistics
- Labor Shift Ordering
Getting Started with Labor Entry
As we dive into the new labor entry experience we wanted to give you a bit of insight into the "Why" of it. EOS has evolved over the past few years and one of the areas is into a greater understanding of how users think about labor. When you want to order gear you are requesting a certain quantity for a certain number of days, however, with labor you want a person to show up on a certain day at a certain time.
We now need to think about labor differently. We want to order it by shift since requesting a person to show up to an event is different than requesting a projector.
Navigate to the New Labor Entry Experience
Getting to the New Labor Entry experience is largely the same as getting to the previous "Edit Items" screen.
- Navigate to or create an order
- Click on a Room
- Look up at the top of the screen. Click on the new "Manage Labor" button
The screen (as you now see) is divided up into 2 sections. A search and then a working area.
Searching for a SKU
Unlike searching for a SKU for Equipment, you are just searching for a SKU to enter. To add it to a room you simply need to click on the date you would like the shift to be added to.
Working with a Single SKU
Defaults on SKUs
Once a SKU has been added to the working area you can make a number of edits. The system does give you a number of defaults:
- If you have entered something in for the tech call time it uses that as the start time
- If you have not entered in something for the labor tech call time but HAVE put in a start time, it uses that time
- If there are no times entered then it defaults to 0:00
- If there is an end time on the room it defaults to that
- if not then it defaults to 0:00
- All the hours default to the (shockingly enough) default rate as dictated on your price list
To allocate your hours between different rates you need to click the down arrow. This works in a similar way to the previous labor experience! You want to make sure that the hours allocated total to the hours scheduled.
Once you click "Save" the shift has been added to the room.
Copying SKU's to the Same Day
One thing you may have noticed is that there is no way to indicate how MANY shifts you want in one place. We did this on purpose. This means that at the end of the day it is easy for you to schedule and then reconcile at the end of the day.
However, we want to make it easy for you to add multiples of the same shift after everything is configured. So take some time to set up the rates and labor schedules and then click the copy icon at the line level.
You can indicate the total number of the SKU you would like to copy (so if you need 3 riggers, set up 1 and then make 2 copies). It's that easy.
Copying SKUs to Additional Days
You've done great, and now you need to copy multiple SKU's for multiple days. So for example, you have your setup and strike days that match as well as the run of show days that are the same.
- Click on the checkbox next to the shifts you would like to copy (or select all shifts for that day)
- The "Copy-To" button will appear
- Click on it
- Select the Days you would like to copy those shifts to
- Click Copy
That's it! You've now selected all shifts and moved it to the next day. This makes it easy to configure your shifts, copy to get the correct quantity per day, and then copy the whole day as needed. It goes from smallest configuration > medium-ist configuration > largest configuration.